Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Poem

I dedicate this poem to the last few days of my life which has been full of sickness. Let me also warn, I am not better yet, and though this may make sense to me while I write it, it may be utterly nonsensical! I call this "KABLAM":

*Caugh - caugh*, I wake up in the night
Too weak to roll, my body aches
My blurry eyes peer, I have no sight
My blanket fails, feels like snowflakes

A rotten vegetable, my body pained
The sickness, oh, it conquers me
No control, my spirit is contained
Please oh please, just set me free

For days it lasts, no end is near
"I do not like green eggs and ham"
Oh wait, wrong poem I do fear
I share my feelings, here it goes - KABLAM!!!

2 comments:

alison said...

ha ha ha! I like it... See, you aren't too sick to blog!!

Jessie said...

ha ha, that's funny! I hope you get better soon though :)